Facebook recently launched live video and seems to be investing heavily in it rolling it across all its native platforms. A survey by the CMO council found that 70% of companies have increased their spend on video in 2016 and are expected to further increase this spend In 2017.
How To Use FaceBook Live?
Facebook Live Video allows you to stream video live on your Facebook followers and alerts you when someone you follow is broadcasting. Live Video could be used to communicate with customers, internal and external staff, students or any group covering training, announcements or webinars as well as press conferences and product launches. Facebook Live is a great show-and-tell tool. Recently a music store in Rivonia used Facebook Live to show off heir latest stock offerings. CNN has been using it for live broadcast to their Facebook followers.
How to use it:
- Live Video in Facebook, like Periscope, will show the most popular public videos currently streaming plus streams from friends and people you follow. For now, you can go to https://www.facebook.com/livemap/ to see current public live broadcasts.
- In Facebook’s iPhone and Android apps, the live-broadcast button―a silhouette with two rings―is a status-update option. Before you go live, it’s important to choose whom you’re allowing to tune in.
- Facebook says it often educates users about privacy settings, and by default, users between the age of 13 and 17 can share only with friends. They’ll need to go into settings to enable posting to a public audience.
- Once you’re on air, it can take a few minutes for your audience to arrive. Wait for them: Their live comments and questions will make the experience different from a regular recorded video. Have a conversation and answer viewer questions.
- On Facebook, those who don’t see the live broadcast can watch later. Facebook is working to include earlier comments into the playback, so it will be more obvious that the video already happened. On Periscope, playback expires after 24 hours. The company is working to give videos longer shelf lives.
We see Facebook Live being the primary live streaming app and taking over from the other similar apps.
Our team maintain good relations with producers of television programmes. We carefully craft briefs which we personalise to the producer or journalist
Does your company or organisation have an announcement to make to the press? We will carefully orchestrating press briefings to best communicate your message to the press.
Utilising all channels including print, radio, television & digital media – we will launch your product through the most cost-effective channels and ensure a measurable ROI.
We are experts in creating online content to complement your brand message across all digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, YouTube and Twitter.